The attractions of Melaka

My favourite place of interest is my hometown in Melaka.Melaka is a unique place for me. It s the place which i grew up in and it holds special memories for me. 

In Melaka, there are so many historical places which i can show off to my friends and visitors from other states and from overseas . Across the Melaka River, there are many monuments scattered around the foot of St.Paul's Hill. On the top of the hill is St.Paul's Church. Below St.Paul's Hill is the Stadthuys. Near the Stadthuys  is the 'A Famosa' which was built by the Portuguese. Opposite the 'A Famosa' is the Proclamation of Independence Memorial. 

Then, there is Christ Church on Jalan Gereja which is a reminder of unique Dutch architecture. Another famous landmark is the St.Francis Xavier's Church built by a Frenchman. In the outskirts of the city, there are many other attractions like St.Peter's Church, Bukit Cina, Hang Li Po's Well, St.John's Fort and others. 

As Meaka has Malays,Chinese,Indians,Portuguese and Dutch residents. Melaka's food is unique. The state is popular for its Nyanya food which is a combination of Chinese and Malay coking styles. In the Portuguese Settlement, they are famous for their Portuguese seafood and dishes.  

With all the reasons mentioned above,anyone can tell why I say Melaka is my favourite place of interest.